[3830] RAC Winter WI2E SO CW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, joseph.obrien@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] RAC Winter WI2E SO CW LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2009 20:50:20 -0800
                    RAC Winter Contest

Call: WI2E
Operator(s): WI2E
Station: WI2E

Class: SO CW LP
QTH: PA
Operating Time (hrs): 4.5
Radios: SO2R

  160:    7     0        2         0
   80:   87     0        7         0
   40:   54     0        8         0
   20:   42     0        5         0
   15:    5     0        2         0
   10:    0     0        0         0
    6:    0     0        0         0
    2:    0     0        0         0
Total:  195     0       24         0  Total Score = 24,672

Club:

Comments:

With at least two bands open at all times, I was able to make good use of the
second radio--which accounted for nearly 30% of my QSOs. On Friday, I erected a
40M dipole (with ends bent down to accommodate the dimensions of my yard) to
complement my verticals, and it was nice to be able to better match
propagation/signal elevation paths over time on Saturday afternoon. Once again,
the DX Engineering two element active receive array proved invaluable as it
helped me uncover signal after signal, especially on 80M as the snowstorm
advanced into the region. I'm looking forward to next year's event and will
make more time for it.

Rigs: K3, TS-940S
Antennas: 43 ft vertical / quarter wave inverted L on 80M; two element phased
vertical array; 40M dipole @25 feet; RX array

Thanks to everyone for the QSOs!

73,

Joe