[3830] TBDC W0PR Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w0pr@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] TBDC W0PR Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2009 07:39:30 -0800
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: W0PR
Operator(s): W0PR
Station: W0PR

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Minnesota
Operating Time (hrs): 11

Total:  QSOs = 337  Total Score = 1,677

Club: Minnesota Wireless Association

Comments:

Well, this was my year for Murphy to show up.  Things started OK, band was
pretty darn good.  Europeans calling from time to time was great. It was fun
when things were working right.

Everything was fine for about two plus hours and then my keyer/computer decided
to destroy my cw signal...just gibberish.  Stopped for almost two hours trying
to find the problem. Stumped.  I even took time to reload and upgrade some of
my microHAM software.  I was so bummed that I shut things off and went to get
something to eat.  When I came back, everything worked again???  Wow.  Later,
and for no apparent reason, my keyer wouldn't key the radio!  Again, no reason.
 I screwed with a couple settings and things started working again and stayed
that way til I quit at about 2AM.

Needless to say, I'm going to be doing some trouble shooting and see what's
going on so this doesn't happen again.  Given when the failures occurred, I'm
sure it cost me well over 100 qsos or more.  Oh, well.  That's contesting.

Happy New Year everyone.