[3830] TBDC VE9AA Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca
Subject: [3830] TBDC VE9AA Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2009 07:46:30 -0800
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: VE9AA
Operator(s): VE9AA
Station: VE9AA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: FN66
Operating Time (hrs): 5

Total:  QSOs = 128  Total Score = 761

Club:

Comments:

Wow, a lot tougher than I thought using only 100w and short SF tower! I think it
helped having a homebrew mock-Xmas tree made of 100's of L.E.D. lights hanging
off the side of my tower @ the 24' level(hi).  My hat is off to anyone doing
this 'test QRP !  Hardly heard anything at all south of me..ie: FLA, CARIB, SA,
etc.  Some good ears in EU (G4AMT,DL6FBL,OZ7YY,UU4JMG) and PNW
(K7RAT,VE7CC,KB7Q,VE6SV) and some QRN-ridden? >QRO? guys in W0/W8...hi
hi...nice to hear the W1BB callsign out there being used.  Recognized lots of
callsigns from the TopBand Mailing list.  For the most part, it seemed the "big
guns" could hear very well .

Maybe next year I'll have an amp back online.  For now I'll keep looking for a
cheap kW for sale that'll do 160m. Thanks for my #1 fav contest ! - MIKE