[3830] TBDC K7SS/M Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, desk@nwlink.com
Subject: [3830] TBDC K7SS/M Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2009 09:15:35 -0800
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: K7SS/M
Operator(s): K7SS
Station: K7SS/M

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: or
Operating Time (hrs): .1

Total:  QSOs = 0  Total Score = 1

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

Was mobile, visiting family in OREGON. Had the 857D in the car w/ an ATAS
antenna that only tunes down to 7mhz.  Had heard that sometimes a 40m antenna
will work on 160. So filled a thermos of hot tea, called the dog, and out the
curb we went.
After a quick tune of 160, and hearing only W7AT (OR), K7RAT(OR) and K7ZS (OR),
had to rethink the antenna installation.  They were all barely copyable. Thought
about finding some wire and trailing it down the parking strip 135', but then
thought about it twice. My QCAO Appliance Op training, had prepared me for just
this type of situation...... so I promptly got the dog and went back into the
warm house.

3 stations heard, all called, no QSOs.
Claimed score of 1 for trying.