[3830] TBDC DL1ELY Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, stefan@fam-pfeiffer.de
Subject: [3830] TBDC DL1ELY Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2009 03:36:44 -0800
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: DL1ELY
Operator(s): DL1ELY
Station: DL1ELY

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: JO31IF
Operating Time (hrs): 12.5

Total:  QSOs = 259  Total Score = 674

Club: Rhein Ruhr DX Association

Comments:

Again big fun, but was disappointed with my result after a furious
start (first 6 hours 185 QSOs, but last 6.5 hours only 75 QSOs). After
some hours into the contest, i was sure to easily beat my last years
score of 690 points, but rate terrible dropped after 0 UT. After not
making a single QSO at around 05 UT with permanent CQ and even a try
of S&P, i packed my stuff and went home after "only" 12.5h of
operation. Slightly more QSOs than last year, but slightly less
points. Great activity in EU, at times the band feeled packed from
1810 to 1850. Only 7xNA, 1xUA9, all else was EU. Personal "Dumbest
Nuts"-awards go to G3BJ (called him many times at the beginning),
OK7XX, OM7LW and OK2ZU, which were all 59+60 and did not show the
slightest reaction to my calls. Anyway, not much points lost there. It
was big fun, still, and i will participate again in 2010 for sure.
RIG: TS850, Heathkit SB-1000 @ 500W, FD4 in the noisy city, Win-Test