[3830] RTTY Roundup K8MAD(@K8MR) M/S LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jimk8mr@aol.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup K8MAD(@K8MR) M/S LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 3 Jan 2010 06:22:42 -0800
                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: K8MAD
Operator(s): W3AG, K8CC, K8MR, KW8N, K9TM
Station: K8MR

Class: M/S LP
QTH: Ohio
Operating Time (hrs): 4

------------
   80:  112
   40:   31
   20:   13
   15:    1
   10:    0
------------
Total:  157  State/Prov = 47  Countries = 1  Total Score = 7,536

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

The ARRL RTTY Roundup is always held the same weekend as my annual contesters
Christmas party and Mad Radio Radio Club Meeting. Last night was the 33d year
for the party; we've been around longer than the RTTY Roundup.

This year I invited somebody to bring along a RTTY setup to do a demo effort in
a hack-around multiop at the party, and K8CC responded. It was hardly an
efficient setup; ran MTTY on a laptop, and logged on my desktop using NA.  But
qsos were made by several guests.

This was the first attempt at RTTY for KW8N and myself. I hopefully was a lid
only a few times, most notably when N9CK asked for a repeat on my state. I
didn't know anything other than which two buttons to click to send an exchange,
so I kept repeating the entire exchange, even the he was asking STATE ONLY. On
about the 4th try with the complete exchange he copied OH.

I'm not about to quit CW and SSB contesting, but it was interesting seeing how
the rest of the world lives.

73  -  Jim   K8MR