[3830] RTTY Roundup KC4HW Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kc4hw@centurytel.net
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup KC4HW Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 3 Jan 2010 17:27:53 -0800
                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: KC4HW
Operator(s): KC4HW
Station: KC4HW

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: AL
Operating Time (hrs): 24

------------
   80:  210
   40:  476
   20:  471
   15:   74
   10:    0
------------
Total: 1231  State/Prov = 58  Countries = 54  Total Score = 137,872

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Comments:

Single Op One Radio.  Just could not pull everything together to get the SO2R
going.  Hope to have it ready next year.

I usally have a slow start and to boot the bands were pretty weird.  20m was
flat during the afternoons and just struggled.  But was really good Sunday
morning to Europe.  Not much to Asia, although I worked some JAs, no South
Africa and very little from South America. 15m was dead and just have a little
opening to West Coast on Sunday. 40m was great.  Had pretty good results out of
the inverted vee for 80m also.  As a consequence the multipliers are low.

Getting the station together has been a painful slow process, been working on
it 5 years.  Made some excellent progress this year with the 20m and 40m
antennas going on the tower in Sep 09.  Otherwise not much progress since then.
 Really just have the feedline patched together for the most part.

Here is the rundown on the equipment:

Rig:  FT1000D
Antennas:
10m: 105CA @ 78'
15m: 155CA @ 71'
20m: 204BA @ 107'
40m: 40-2CD @ 118'
80m: Inverted Vee apex at 65'
MK2R+ Interface

Actually first time that I tried a full time effort since leaving Florida and
arriving in Fadette, AL.  Altought I have been sick with the CRUD that is going
around since Wednesday, I had a pretty good time.  Thanks to everyone for the
QSOs.

Jim/KC4HW