[3830] RTTY Roundup K7IA Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k7iaham@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup K7IA Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 3 Jan 2010 19:40:38 -0800
                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: K7IA
Operator(s): K7IA
Station: K7IA

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: A NM Canyon
Operating Time (hrs): 21:34

------------
   80:  142
   40:  403
   20:  595
   15:    2
   10:    0
------------
Total: 1142  State/Prov = 55  Countries = 43  Total Score = 111,916

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

My plan to start the contest "on time" and work the full 24 hours was thwarted,
and I was nearly three hours late getting down to business.  From the observed
conditions, I missed a good three hours, too.  But conditions were good
throughout the contest with a few "effective" sunspots helping 20 meters (but
not 15, at least whenever I checked it!).  Forty and 80 were nicely quiet,
except for the clean and abundant signals.  It was difficult to go QRT in the
middle of the night for some sack time, because the rates on 40 and 80 were
still more than favorable when I shut down.  I was so keyed up by the operating
fun I was having that I couldn't fall asleep--I turned off the alarm and relied
on the bio clock, which alarmed a couple hours later than the noisemaker would
have.  I didn't miss the early DX challenges, though.

Lots of operators provided lots of action and an overall rate of 53 Q's per
hour.  The final hour of the event provided not only a sprint to the finish of
85 per hour but also Delaware appeared for my 49th state (where was ND?  Gee, I
lived in NODAK for a year in the early 90's--too bad I wasn't into contesting
then!).

This was my first serious effort in the RTTY Roundup.  Thanks to the fine ops
who made it so enjoyable!

73,
Dan