[3830] RTTY Roundup VE3RCN Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup VE3RCN Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2010 18:22:26 -0800
                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: VE3RCN
Operator(s): VE3RCN
Station: VE3RCN

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Welland, ON
Operating Time (hrs): 12

------------
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------
Total:  171  State/Prov = 60  Countries = 3  Total Score = 10,773

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

I just could not get my TS2000 to work with my RASCAL with either N3FJP or N1MM.
It would not diddle. I could receive(and print) but could only send a tone in
FSK mode. Finally went to LSB. It diddled, but was 800hz above the listening
frequency. So, I had to run split mode the whole contest. Very slow. Tune the
sender, adjust VFO B, send and receive, then close the screen and go to the
logging software. GRRRR. I was given a VISTA laptop, but cant get the
serial/usb to work. So, the P233 was used again..then this problem. Is it
software...or have I wrecked the FSK module in the 2000? I am going to get the
laptop wiped and buy an XP PRO programme. I have two options left. First, is to
take the 2000 over to someone else's place and see if it works on their
software. If it does, it is my software which is screwy. If it doesnt, someone
mentioned I should ground pin 2 and listen in monitor mode. If it warbles, the
radio is good. Straight tone will mean a radio problem. Other than that, I
thought conditions were very good. I had the time this year to do a 24 hour
effort...but 12 hours were spent figuring out the problem. See you all next
contest. 73, Kevin