[3830] RTTY Roundup W9KVR Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, troynamy@att.net
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup W9KVR Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2010 13:29:34 -0800
                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: W9KVR
Operator(s): W9KVR
Station: W9KVR

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: IL
Operating Time (hrs): 9.5

------------
   80:   27
   40:   61
   20:   42
   15:   28
   10:
------------
Total:  158  State/Prov = 42  Countries = 10  Total Score = 8,216

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

This was my first time entering the ARRL RTTY Round-up (thanks WB9Z and K9NR for
encouraging me to go for it!).  I knew it wouldn't be a full-time affair with
family functions, but the XYL was very forgiving with the time I did play
radio.

I set a couple of goals of 100 QSO's, work a few new ones on bands/modes, and
gain some more contesting experience, notching all.  I pretty much trolled the
bands and worked stations I could "hear" and getting excited about adding a new
one on either a band or mode.  Like most, 20 meters wasn't all that exciting,
but I enjoyed being able to work several stations on 15 meters.  40 meters
seemed to be the best band for me and while I had some issues tuning 80 meters
on my wire, I still managed work a few stations before church Sunday morning,
including caving buddy K9NR!

My totals are unofficial as I still am using the "Ticonderoga #2 Logging
Program", in my newly converted garden shed to the "Ham Cave."  The shack is
still minimally heated and was able to just barely take the edge off the near
sub-zero temps outside the shack.  I was more than pleased with what I was able
to do with the wire only 10 feet off the turf and the couple of computer
glitches that came my way.  Love the Kenwood TS-480!

Thanks to all those I was able make QSO's with and a big thanks for being
patient with my exchanges at times.  Looking forward to doing this again next
year!

73!

-Troy
W9KVR