[3830] NAQP CW K4RO Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k4ro.tcg@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW K4RO Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sat, 9 Jan 2010 22:59:15 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: K4RO
Operator(s): K4RO
Station: K4RO

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: TN
Operating Time (hrs): 10
Radios: SO2R

  160:  192    42
   80:  358    51
   40:  334    54
   20:  152    40
   15:   38    10
   10:    9     1
-------------------
Total: 1093   198  Total Score = 214,434

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Team: TCG #1

Comments:

Conditions actually seemed worse this year, especially on the high bands,
but I wound up with a better score in 2010. I think I was more on my game
this year, despite an unplanned off-time in the 1900 hour due to a software
configuration problem. I think that off-time cost me several mults on 15M,
so I tried to make up for it the rest of the contest.

Pushing two radios hard in this contest is more like a 12-hour sprint
than anything else. Great intense fun and non-stop activity. There were
times when too many people were exactly zero-beat, and I missed some easy
ones (like K1AR.) I remember when the problem was when folks did not know
how to zero-beat. With today's rigs and ops, everyone is within one Hertz
sometimes. :-)

My software fumbles included leaving ESM mode unexpectedly (would like
to be able to disable Control-M!) and somehow CQing on strange frequencies
like 1801 for 10 minutes without knowing how I got there. (No, I didn't
get any answers.)

How 'bout K7SS on a hand key? And OT DX men like K4UEE joining the fray?
And TCG out in force! Did anyone have any trouble working Tennessee? :-)
What a blast. I love the NAQP, and I look forward to it every time.

73  Kirk  K4RO