[3830] NAQP CW WB8JUI Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, therickman@hotmail.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW WB8JUI Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2010 06:46:25 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: WB8JUI
Operator(s): WB8JUI
Station: WB8JUI

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Bellevue, Ohio
Operating Time (hrs): 6.9

  160:  208    44
   80:  175    35
   40:  108    35
   20:   40    14
   15:   21     5
   10:    1     1
-------------------
Total:  553   134  Total Score = 74,102

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Team:

Comments:

Another contest weekend with too many non-contest distractions.

I checked 160 early (2300Z) to see if by chance there was any activity, and
found the band wide open into Europe.  I just couldn't resist putting the NAQP
on the back burner and working the opening.  Amazing how easy it is to work the
DX when all the US activity is elsewhere ;-)  OH0X (new one) was an honest S9
and pretty much begging.  The old adage of, "If you're on 160, you're not
winning" may hold true, but I can guarantee, you are having fun!

As K1TN mentioned in his posting, this was indeed an odd domestic contest band
breakdown.  160 was pretty hot.

Found K9OM on 10 meters around 1900Z for my only 10 meter contact.

Thanks to all for the QSOs.

73 - Rick WB8JUI

1/4 wave ground mounted vertical(s) 80-10 meters
Inverted L @ 50' 160 meters