[3830] NAQP CW KA3DRR Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ka3drr@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW KA3DRR Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2010 09:13:40 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: KA3DRR
Operator(s): KA3DRR
Station: KA3DRR

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Ca
Operating Time (hrs): 10

  160:   0      0
   80:   8      3
   40:  16      9
   20:  25     14
   15:   0      0
   10:   0      0
-------------------
Total:  49     26  Total Score = 1,274

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Team: NCCC Team 4

Comments:

Ten hours of RadioSport experience subtracted from my on-going 10,000 hour
challenge. Thank you National Contest Journal for sponsoring this event because
I had a lot of ham radio fun through Saturday.

Fifteen meters was disappointing from my location without a single Q going into
the log. I followed a 30-minute listen pattern plus calling CQ on this band
however not enough antenna. Twenty meter was fun with the bulk of logged Qs
extending as far east as Pennsylvania. Five land stations provided the greatest
percentage of production on this band.

I moved too low band action on 40m as grayline crossed the middle of the
country and notched 7-land multipliers like Arizona, Washington, Idaho, and
Oregon. I was pleasantly surprised as long haul multipliers into the southeast
filled the log prior to sunset. Additionally, a localized storm moved through
our area generating s6 QRN on the band.

Eighty meters was fun while logging 6-land stations with a few surprises into
Texas. My bent doublet at 33-feet is most efficient on this band in addition to
forty meters.

I did not break any personal record this season however applying grayline
effect into my strategy was fun to experience. Wishing everyone great results
going into ARRL International DX season.

73
Scot, KA3DRR
Condo Contest Station