[3830] NAQP CW K4OJ(@W4DUG) M/2 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w4lt@ij.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW K4OJ(@W4DUG) M/2 LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2010 10:02:51 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: K4OJ
Operator(s): N4GI NX4N WF3C KR4X WC4E K4LAW K8NZ W4LT
Station: W4DUG

Class: M/2 LP
QTH: Tampa, FL
Operating Time (hrs): 12

  160:   50    23
   80:  398    49
   40:  550    49
   20:  432    52
   15:  105    23
   10:    1     1
-------------------
Total: 1536   198  Total Score = 307,200

Club: Florida Contest Group

Team:

Comments:

Rig : 2X ICOM IC-756PRO2

Antennas : Force 12:  C31XR @ 108ft, EF240X @ 118FT C19X @ 70ft
RadioWorks Carolina Windom 160, WC4E 80m sloping dipole
Antenna Switching powered by microHAM Station Master
Logging LAN powered by N1MMLogger

Soapbox : Absolutely fab time had by all.  Everybody had a great time not only
on the radios, but out in the clubhouse catching up on stories.  We even had a
webcam up for a little while!  The lone QSO on 10 was Jamie NS3T in VA,
otherwise, NADA on 10 whatsoever!

Where was everyone from South Dakota and Hawaii?  We *KNOW* where K4XS/KH6 was,
but was South Dakota snowed under?  The single North Dakota worked was a
surprise encounter with a KD4POJ that was portable there!

Funny, but I personally ran several piles of stations in Eastern Europe (YO's,
LZ's, etc.) long path on 40 while beaming north west, all the while thinking to
myself, DX guys, stop calling me!  Where is all the stateside activity!  This
station is not really designed for domestic contesting, but what a great
antenna that 40m beam is!

This operation was in honor of Jim White K4OJ (sk), one of the founders of FCG
who loved this contest.  It was fitting that the first QSO in our log is Ellen
White W1YL/4, his mother.  We dedicate our efforts to the Whites for all they
have done for our Hobby in general and to FCG in particular.  OJ's to all who
worked us!

Thanks to the Tampa Amateur Radio Club for the use of the great facilities of
W4DUG for this effort.

This was fun.  We will do it again soon!

For the ad hoc group - Lu W4LT