[3830] NAQP SSB VE6TL Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB VE6TL Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2010 22:26:59 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, SSB - January

Call: VE6TL
Operator(s): VE6TL
Station: VE6TL

Class: Single Op LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 9.8

  160:    5     4
   80:   18    10
   40:   58    23
   20:  259    48
   15:   92    29
   10:    1     1
-------------------
Total:  433   115  Total Score = 50,228

Club: ALBERTA CLIPPERS

Team:

Comments:

My goal at the beginning was 50,000 points and I made it with 3 minutes to
spare!  The condx on 20m were fairly average to poor, while 10m was
non-existent, 15m was really poor, 40m was a constant S7 noise and very poor,
80m was constant S8 noise and horrible and 160m was about as bad as I've ever
heard it.  In fact, I don't ever recall hearing conditions as poor as they were
today.  And yet the solar wx didn't seem to coincide with such poor condx, so it
might have been just over my QTH.  The QSB was a killer on all bands - even on
20m.  No sooner did someone give his call and I replied with the exchange, he
was gone completely.  I must have lost 30 or 40 QSOs this way.  And most of the
time I never heard them again.  Didn't hear any VE4s or VE5s and only one VE2.
Not even another VE6 on 80 or 160 for an easy mult.

Favorite moment was when I talked to a guy named "Dude" in California.
Actually I got him on two bands.  It was fun to say, "QSL Dude."  And then I
discovered that half of the hams in California are named Bob and half in
Indiana are named Jim.

73,

Jerry VE6TL (aka VE6CNU)

Rig:  FT-1000MP Barefoot (100W)