[3830] BARTG Sprint VA7ST Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] BARTG Sprint VA7ST Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2010 10:37:18 -0800
                    BARTG RTTY Sprint

Call: VA7ST
Operator(s): VA7ST
Station: VA7ST

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: BC
Operating Time (hrs): 7

   80:   19   19
   40:  117  117
   20:  213  213
   15:   15   15
   10:
-----------------
Total:  364  364  Mults = 49  Total Score = 107,016

Club: British Columbia DX Club

Comments:

Band     QSOs     Pts  Cty  Sec   Cnt
   3.5      19      19    0    2    0
     7     117     117    4   10    2
    14     213     213   22   10    4
    21      15      15    1    0    0
 Total     364     364   27   22    6

Got on at the 4 a.m. start and worked just 3 on 80M and a couple dozen on 40M.
Got back on after 20M began to open to Europe around 1600z, but it wasn't much
of an opening. Rest of the day was pretty good working 20M US/VE action.

Had all 6 continents in the bag by 1815z (11:15 a.m. Pacific) after finding
FM5CD on 15M and then ZL3TE on 20M. Never heard a VK, though I didn't listen
that way for very long. Total on-time was just under 7 hours, but only a few
stretches of more than an hour.

Conditions were not as good as I'd expected, considering flux was at 82 at the
start and 85 by the end. Still bested previous outings in this contest on the
strength of a higher than ever QSO total. More activity on 80M and 15M would
have really been great.

15M was open across NA with good signals but few takers with only 15 stations
worked.

20M EU opening was sparse and scratchy with only 11 EU stations worked. Heavy
QSB on signals across North America. FR5GS was a great surprise on the polar
path. Very strong Asian opening for an hour at 2330z on Saturday afternoon.

40M was better than I expected. Added a couple more EU mults (RG3K and UW8I)
and had more domestic Qs than previous years. Used the Steppir dipole at just
27'.

80M was virtually dead. Where was everyone? Seemed like a 500-mile wall was up.
The twin-vertical array must be busted.

Hope to be on for CQ160 CW next weekend. See many of you then!

-- Bud VA7ST
http://www3.telus.net/va7st

Year  QSOs Mult   Score  Continents
2010  364   49   107,016  6 HP