[3830] BARTG Sprint KI7MT Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ki7mt@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] BARTG Sprint KI7MT Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2010 12:09:22 -0800
                    BARTG RTTY Sprint

Call: KI7MT
Operator(s): KI7MT
Station: KI7MT

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Montana
Operating Time (hrs): 11

   80:   28   28
   40:   80   80
   20:  264  264
   15:
   10:
-----------------
Total:  372  372  Mults = 252  Total Score = 93,744

Club:

Comments:

Part time effort on this one, not intentionally though.

I was in the shack working on some PhysX Computational Modeling Software for
graphics cards, when I turned on the rigs I heard allot of RTTY, just thought
folks were warming things up. Then I went and looked at the rules "again" and
sure enough it had started 5 hours earlier!!! I had it in my head that this was
a one day contest, and from the ones I've operated in the past, they all started
at 1800Z, not 1200Z. I was Non-To-Happy with myself to say the least.

I misses any opportunity on for Q's on 15M. Conditions were ok on 20M, not
great. 40M/80M seemed to be a ghost town in the late evening here, so I pulled
the plug with about 6 hours to go. Missed all the VK's, as I normally get most
of those on 40M's during the wee-hours of the morning.

40M's "seemed" to be open all evening, as I heard Sue (P40YL) until I pulled
the plug about 0600Z, just not allot of other DX stations on that I could hear.

Lesson learned here, read (which I had done), then re-read the rules at least a
day ahead of the contest !!

I missed 2x JA's (0 & 4) , 5x VE's (0,1,4,5 & 8), all the VK's for 23 of 38.
Although it was a disappointing outing (my own fault), I had fun operating as
usual. Tnx to BART for putting on the contest, and to all those that
participated.

See in the WPX :-)
.