[3830] ARRL Jan VHF KB1DFB(@KB1H) Limited Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL Jan VHF KB1DFB(@KB1H) Limited Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 08:05:29 -0800
                    ARRL January VHF Sweepstakes

Call: KB1DFB
Operator(s): K1EBY, KB1DFB, KB1H, KB1NRB, KB1QDC, KB1SBC, NB1U, W1UJ
Station: KB1H

Class: Limited Multi-Op HP
QTH: FN41
Operating Time (hrs): 20.25

    6:  318    23
    2:  270    25
  222:   55    15
  432:   96    18
  903:
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  739    81  Total Score = 72,090

Club: Eastern Connecticut ARA

Comments:

With only 81 multipliers, no 6M opening, the score takes a beating.
It makes for a long tedious contest. Really scraping for any QSO. We have to
thank so many of the stations for QSYing to 2M from 6M or to 6M from 2M. It
helps allot,

Many part-time operators but a great way to introduce new operators to
contesting and N1MM. Kevin, KB1QDC, helped for the first time along with Derek,
KB1SBC.

Saturday night turned more into a beerfest than a contest but we kept the
stations manned and calling CQ.

The day started with a mid-morning climb by KB1H to reinstall the 2M preamp.
This was the third climb of the week! Not suppose to do this in the winter!

By 9PM Sunday we had had enough. Shutdown a few hours early and everyone went
home but by that time the only one here was KB1DFB. W1UJ left a little before
9.

Many other projects were worked on though. We got the new YCCC SO2R box
installed and we even got K1EBY to agree it works great. Beleive me, this is a
BIG step. Congrads to the team that worked on this box. If you made Frank a
believer you did well!

We have our 13th anmnual Christmas party next weekend but still plan to be
active in the CQWW160 contest but somewhat limited.

Thanks again for all the QSOs, QSYs and patience.

73 - The Barnstormers VHF Team.