[3830] ARRL Jan VHF VE3CRU Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ve3cru@rac.ca
Subject: [3830] ARRL Jan VHF VE3CRU Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 07:45:30 -0800

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  48     19  Total Score = 1,273

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Good antennas, poor location yielded poor results, conditions did not help.
Usually rover in January, set up 10' tower with 6 bands running 10 to 22 feet
above ground, with 2 storey houses 50 feet to the south.  Pine trees in between
for attenuators.  6 beam up 36 feet on another tower. Nice to be warm and comfy
for a change.

Having VE3OIL/R pass close by enroute to FN13 gave me the only upper band
qso's, thanks Russ.  Entered to give out points, succeeded to a degree.  No
spectacular dx worked, but 30 minutes prior to end of contest, heard a W4 in
EM83 Alabama once only on 6, called south feverishly to the end but nothing
more heard from the south.  Found the 6 amp wasn't working late in the contest,
but not an amp problem.  6 beam had a high swr late in the contest.

Thanks to all who managed to work me.  Note that 27 of 48 qso's in FN03.

Had fun.

73,  Bill   VE3CRU