[3830] CQ160 CW K9CT Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW K9CT Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2010 07:21:17 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: K9CT
Operator(s): K9CT
Station: K9CT

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: IL
Operating Time (hrs): 17.75

Total:  QSOs = 1036  State/Prov = 58  Countries = 56  Total Score = 397,176

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Two goals, have fun and work a thousand q's. Both accomplished. WAS with SD
being the last, MS second to last. Most surprising was working T7 and TK for
new TB countries! I am glad that I played. Lots of good cw ops for this one.
Band condx seemed to go up and down. I thought that EU SR second time around
was the better of the two. Great signals levels from high lats in EU.

817 2pts, 68 5 pts and 151 10 pts qsos. 26 DL, 14 JA and 12 OK.

TX antenna is Inverted L, RX = 4 Bidirectional Beverages. IC 7800 and Alpha
87A, N1MM.

One noted bad operating ploy invoked by a few EU stations....dropping on a US
station running freq and calling cq. It just doesn't make sense. The EU station
won't get calls from US and the US station won't get EU calls. You can hear
us...find a clear frequency. I certainly won't call CQ on a EU station's
frequency.

73, Craig K9CT