[3830] CQ160 CW VE6TL Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW VE6TL Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2010 10:32:12 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: VE6TL
Operator(s): VE6TL
Station: VE6TL

Class: Single Op HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 17

Total:  QSOs = 353  State/Prov = 53  Countries = 13  Total Score = 114,576

Club:

Comments:

The noise at my city QTH was solid S9 (as usual) but the IPO setting on my
FT-1000MP really helped out a lot, as did my Timewave 599zx DSP unit.  There
were lots of signals but after a while it seemed like very few I hadn't worked.
 I managed to work 47 states (only missed SD, DC and MS) and was worried about
getting Florida (never worked it from here before) and finally got 2 stations
around 2AM on Sunday.  The QRN in the house was just about as bad as on the
bands as my daughter had a post mid-term exam party going on upstairs on
Saturday night!  So I managed to work through all the QRN, with highlights
including working CN2R, EF8M, PQ0F and several JA's.  These are all "new ones"
for me on 160m.  I heard a lot of folks working Europe, but never heard them.
I also heard PEI twice but he was busy working Europe so didn't get him.  But
all in all, quite good condx and lots of fun.

Rig:  FT-1000MP
Amp:  FL-7000 (mostly running about 250W)
Ant:  Shunt-fed 40' tower with TH6 on top

Jerry VE6TL