[3830] CQ160 CW AA4V Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, aa4v@bellsouth.net
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW AA4V Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2010 17:26:18 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: AA4V
Operator(s): AA4V + PACKET
Station: AA4V

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: SC
Operating Time (hrs): 8

Total:  QSOs = 530  State/Prov = 54  Countries = 56  Total Score = 192,060

Club: Low Country Contest Club

Comments:

Limited time operation this year due to many factors. Mostly CQing
with one or two excursions up and down the band.

The top of the Titanex vertical broke off about 10 feet down is a huge
winf and rain storm last Sunday morning. This is the second time that I have
lost a part of this antenna to the wind....at least I know how to rebuild it. I
used the 60 foot remainder with an N4XM tuner. Hardly noticed the difference.

Conditions seemed quite good with many DX stations heard with good signals.
Unfortunately, some of them could not hear the US stations calling them.
Best DX for me was 4Z5J to the east and CE to the south and KH7XS to the
west.

The K3 was stunning and the pennant receiving antennas were worth their
weight in gold due to the high QRN from yet another storm that passed through.

Thanks to everyone for dropping by to say hello.