[3830] CQ160 CW W0AIH(K0TG) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k0tg@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW W0AIH(K0TG) Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2010 18:17:38 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: W0AIH
Operator(s): K0TG
Station: W0AIH

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: WI
Operating Time (hrs): 28

Total:  QSOs = 1387  State/Prov = 58  Countries = 54  Total Score = 507,248

Club: Minnesota Wireless Association

Comments:

Holy bandpass filter Batman!  That was quite a run!

Schedules for the usual Ops for W0AIH 160 Multi changed for various reasons and
Thursday I heard it would most likely be a Single-OP for me this weekend.  What
a weekend for that!  The band conditions were wonderful, no major band
blackouts just me and all of that wonderful hardware to myself.

I ended the first night with 900 QSO's in the log.  I wondered what I would do
the next day!  I guess the next day was time to run EU pileups.

The most amazing part was Saturday night.  I had an actual EU run going.  With
that the score just jumped off the wall as each three pointer was worth 1000
points.  In the two hours of that run I worked about 80 stations.  There were
some NA stations in there, but many EU and some multipliers to help things
along as well.  I never have heard of a EU run on 160 from this part of NA.  I
wish I had a recording of it.

Thanks to Paul and Mary for their hospitality.  Paul kept me working saying
that Mary was making me dinner Friday evening and Paul brought it up to the
shack!  Saturday they had to be somewhere, so Paul said that he would bring up
dinner when they get back. Well, Paul and Mary came up to the Chalet (building
where the shack is) and we all ate there.  I am afraid I was not much company
as I kept cranking along while Paul watched and ate dinner.

Mults Missed:  NF, LAB, NWT YT, NU
  I missed NP4Z, heard him once, then not again.  Also heard a ZL floating
around the DX window Saturday moving up the band, but could not snag him with
my CQ's.

Multipliers Worked:

Europe:  9A, CT, CU, DL, E7 EA EI, ER, ES, F, G, GD, GM, GW, HA, I, IT9, LA,
LX, LY, OE, OH, OH0, OK, OM, ON, PA, S5, SM, SP, TF, UA, UA2, UR, YL, YU

Asia:  JA, UA9

Africa:  CT3, EA8

Oceania:  KH6

NA:  C6, HI, KL, KP2, V3, VP9, XE, ZF
SA:  CE, HC, LU, PJ2, PY0F

Thanks to NE0U pointing out that my keying was messed up.  Paul had been
working hard to get the keying problem fixed and found a few problems.
Break-in was working, but it had not been tested with CT running.  So we are
back to that problem with CT polling the FT-1000D to fast causing it to mess up
the keying.  Things were rock solid if I did not use break-in.  I was looking
forward to having that again, but will have to work on that.

W0GJ - Another excellent QRP signal report from The Farm!

That about covers it!  It sure is great to play with all of that hardware for
Top Band!  It is a fine instrument to play. Hope I made it sing.

W0AIH station description at:  http://www.qth.com/w0aih/

73, John  K0TG/9