[3830] CQ160 CW 9A8WW(@9A1P) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, s55m@siol.net
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW 9A8WW(@9A1P) Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2010 13:06:38 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: 9A8WW
Operator(s): 9A8WW
Station: 9A1P

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: JN65VG
Operating Time (hrs): 28.5

Total:  QSOs = 1383  State/Prov = 45  Countries = 73  Total Score = 969,606

Club: Belokranjec Contest Club

Comments:

First, BIG THANKS to all of You for responding to my CQ calls and hearing my
answers to yours!

Nice contest in old fashioned mode. NO DXcluster, no SDR's, no skimmers no
second RX use neither.
I was surprised, how much could be done with so little. 20 meters of used
alumminium and 25.5m of cooper wire from the top to next tower. A coil of
3.47uH in parallel to the feed point and that was my one and only TX antenna.
For RX 2 250m BEV's, one to NA other to AS. The band was crowded but with 250HZ
filter and AGC off it was possible to do a lot of interesting contacts.
184 NA stations logged (should have done better :). But on the other side I'm
happy with 14 JA stations in my log.
Glad to be called by many DX's like : ST2AR , JT1CO, VK3IO, VK6DXI and almost
at the end by MI0BPB. Missed some easy ones (HB0..EA6...) but we will contact
them next year :) .The only downpoint was power outage on sunday evening from
18:00 to 19:00 UTC.
Congrats to DJ1YFK

Special thanks to my 9A1P club colegues 9A2RD-Mario, 9A2CW-Stevo, 9A1UN-Dave,
9A9SF-Sanjin and 9A5CW-Patrik for help with antenna mounting.

Pictures can be found here: http://www.s55m.com/160m10/index.html

Used equipment:
INV-L 20m vertical part with 25.5m horizontal wire on the top-Hairpin matched
2x250m long beverages to 300 and 60 deg. QTF .
FT1K-MP mark V with Yaesu 250Hz filter in 8.2MHz IF
OM POWER PA

For QSLL you can use any method You like. Manager is S54G via BIRO or direct to
my or his address. I don't use LoTW! Log is already uploaded to EQSL.CC .

CU next year!

Adi
Home Call S55M