[3830] NCCC Sprint N3ZL LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint N3ZL LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2010 19:42:55 -0800
                    NCCC Sprint - February 6

Call: N3ZL
Operator(s): N3ZL
Station: N3ZL

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: SC
Operating Time (hrs): 0.5

  160:
   80:  12      8
   40:   0      0
   20:   4      4
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  16     12  Total Score = 192

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

100W + Tribander @ ~75 feet on 20M, Dipoles nearly on the ground on 40/80M

I just got my winkeyer delivered from home this week so I went out to the club
station around 15 minutes early to get it hooked up. I'm glad I did because the
keyer -> radio cable I had is apparently shorted out so I had to throw together
a makeshift cable and was ready to go with about 5 minutes to spare. Obviously
there wasn't much to get on 20M and 40M greeted me with S9+60dB QRM from the FM
transmitter next door. Needless to say, the only guy I could even hear at all on
40M with any certainty was K9BGL. I called CQ a couple times and heard guys
calling me but there's no way I could pull anybody out, so sorry to those of
you who tried calling me. After agonizing over 40M for much too long I finally
went to 80M where there was stil some QRM but much less on 40M.

If the QRM is still there tomorrow, it's going to be a LONG 4 hours.

73 de Greg N3ZL