[3830] NA Sprint CW K1TN LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jamesdavidcain@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW K1TN LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sat, 6 Feb 2010 20:23:56 -0800
                    NA Sprint CW Contest - February

Call: K1TN
Operator(s): K1TN
Station: K1TN

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: NJ
Operating Time (hrs): 4

   80:   66
   40:   90
   20:   16
---------------------

Club:

Team: SMC #1

Comments:

I think this is the first time I've operated a contest under a state of
emergency. Atlantic County and Cape May County south of us are under one thanks
to the snowstorm. We only had about 20 inches of snow but with all the wind a
lot of power lines are down and something like 80,000 people are without power
tonight.

I managed to keep the 66-foot end-fed wire up in the tree. A snowplow woke me
up about 3 a.m. and it was a good thing; the PVC pole that holds up one end of
it was pretty bent over. I went out and adjusted the guy rope and hoped that
the wind would keep blowing from the same direction, which I guess it did. It
was a real wet snow and I'm surprised my antenna tuned up.

80 Meters was sure long; I'll bet 160 was good. 40 was weird and 20 was pretty
much useless for me. Nice to work everybody, as always.

Jim Cain
At The K1TN Superstation
Atlantic City