[3830] NMQP N5NA Mobile Multi-Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n5na@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NMQP N5NA Mobile Multi-Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2010 19:16:32 -0800
                    New Mexico QSO Party

Call: N5NA
Operator(s): N5NA, K5AKS
Station: N5NA

Class: Mobile Multi-Op LP
QTH: NM
Operating Time (hrs): 7

  160:
   80:    4     2
   40:  157     2
   20:  175
   15:
   10:
    6:
----------------------------
Total:  336     4         Mults =   Total Score = 112,192

Club:

Comments:

The above score include 50000 bonus points for making 15 or more QSO's in 10
counties.

A big THANKS to everyone who called and followed me through 10 counties in NM!
I had originally planned to activate 11 counties but with getting a late start
due to fog and the NWS prediction of snow between Santa Fe and Taos I decided
to skip BER and SAN.  However, with the change I was able to pick up SMI.
Turns out the snow didn't come and the road between Santa Fe and Taos was dry.
I made it to the hotel in Taos during the first quarter of the game so I didn't
miss much!

Also a big THANKS to the other half of the multi-op, K5AKS, my XYL and driver.
She's now driven me in three TX QSO Parties and two NM QP's.  NM is nice because
it's a good excuse to get in a couple of days of skiing!

I made a couple of hardware upgrades to the equipment I used in the TXQP in
September.  I replaced the noisy DC-DC adapter for the notebook computer with a
Lind DC-DC adapter.  It is totally quiet.  (Thanks for the recommendation
Chuck!)  The other upgrade is a pair of Bose QC-15 headphones my wife gave me
for Christmas.  They really cut out the road noise.  The other equipment
consists of a K3/100, a High Sierra HS-1500, a Dell Inspiron notebook computer,
and a Chevrolet C2500 truck.

Logging software is CQ/X de NO5W.  I can't imagine operating mobile in a QP
without CQ/X.  From the automatic county detection to determining the distance
and time to the next county to the normal logging functions it's just
fantastic!  I feel like I'd be flying blind without it.

CQ/X provided the following stats:

The following counties were activated with indicated number of QSOs:
Roosevelt(56), SantaFe(56), DeBaca(38), Guadalupe(37), Curry(33), Lea(30),
RioArriba(28), Taos(25), SanMiguel(21), Torrance(17).

The initial ten minute hourly rate in these counties was: Roosevelt(126),
Taos(120), SanMiguel(114), SantaFe(96), DeBaca(96), Lea(84), Curry(78),
Guadalupe(72), Torrance(66), RioArriba(36).

Thanks to the following stations for contributing more than half the QSOs:
N6MU(14), W0BH(12), W5ESE(10), N5XG(9), WB9CIF(9), W4UCZ(9), AA9KH(9), N4CD(9),
AD5WI(8), WA2VYA(8), N2WN(8), K5LH(8), N2IC(7), W6GMT(7), W7OM(5), W4RQ(5),
W7GVE(5), N9QS(5), N9AUG(5), KO1U(4), W1END(4), NO5W(4), NT5O(4), W9EWZ(4).

Had a great time!  Looking forward to the next one!