[3830] NA Sprint CW WI9WI HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jhfitzpa@wisc.edu
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW WI9WI HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2010 15:12:18 -0800
                    NA Sprint CW Contest - February

Call: WI9WI
Operator(s): WI9WI
Station: WI9WI

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: WI
Operating Time (hrs): 4
Radios: SO2R

   80:   94
   40:  115
   20:   61
---------------------

Club:

Team: SMC #1

Comments:

This was probably the best job I've done operating this contest. It isn't my
highest score, but it is the most QSOs I've ever made. I had fewer lapses of
concentration than I usually do. I felt bad about my mult total until I saw
that the highest reported was 43. I'm usually mult poor in this one compared to
others who make a similar amount of QSOs. Not sure why. Only 2 I heard and
didn't work were IA (N0AC a number of times) and VE7.

Probably only about 10 second radio QSOs. I don't use the second radio very
well in this (or any other for that matter) contest. I didn't have frequency
readout. No matter what I did, Writelog ended up putting both radios on the
same frequency. So I just turned both off after screwing around for almost an
hour before the contest.

Good conditions. Even 20 stayed open well past when it had been closing the
last few Feb sprints.

Thanks for all the contacts.

73

Jim