[3830] RTTY WPX DG3LCH(@DK0AX) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY WPX DG3LCH(@DK0AX) SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2010 15:20:10 -0800
                    CQ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: DG3LCH
Operator(s): DG3LCH
Station: DK0AX

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: JO42xl
Operating Time (hrs):

   80:   36   134
   40:  133   634
   20:  262   639
   15:
   10:
-----------------
Total:  431  1407  Prefixes = 285  Total Score = 400,995

Club:

Comments:

Within the first part of the contest, Murphy came in to have some fun... A week
before we checked the station to prepare it for the CQ WW and everything went
fine. Saturday morning after a birthday-party, which took to much time, arrived
at the station and switched everything on. Huh...no QSO possible, even with HP
and 2el-20m @ 37m.
After a while thought about using a Web-SDR to check my own signal - there was
just a very gentle signal, nearly not readable, certainly not decodable.
Found no solution and became seriously tiered (the party...), so took a short
sleep.
Back at the station, plugged everything off and on, but it just didn't work.
Phone was no problem, so there might be a mistake in the RTTY-unit of the
FT-990.
What should I do? Drove home and picked up the IC-7400. Sometime in the
afternoon reached the station again, plugged everything in - and it works.
Didn't think about the strange behaviour of the FT-990, but finally starts the
contest.

Stopped operation in the late afternoon on Sunday. In the end it was a fine
contest - it made fun, that's it :-)
Next time, there will be more time - and someone who watches for Murphy....