[3830] RTTY WPX NN7SS(K6UFO) SOSB/40 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k6ufo@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] RTTY WPX NN7SS(K6UFO) SOSB/40 LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2010 16:11:11 -0800
                    CQ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: NN7SS
Operator(s): K6UFO
Station: NN7SS

Class: SOSB/40 LP
QTH: WWA
Operating Time (hrs): 12

   80:
   40:  276  980
   20:
   15:
   10:
-----------------
Total:  276  980  Prefixes = 199  Total Score = 195,020

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

As always, I wish there was a QRP category.

I missed the first couple hours, and had some other plans
for the weekend, so I decided to do a Single Band effort to
free up some time.  Hopefully the sunspots attracted all the
other single-banders to 15m - leaving 40m to me!

I started the contest by going to sleep, so I could get up at
1AM local (09z) and work JA's and Pacific. This worked well,
with 50 in the log in my first hour. I stayed up another hour,
then caught another nap until a hour before sunrise for some
more 40m contacts. Then I had to sit out daylight until an
hour before sunset (00z) when I could start working Europeans
and USA. I finally ran out of new workable stations at 05z, so
did the 1AM and sunrise shifts again.  Finally the last hour
brought a few more USA. I operated a total about 12 Hrs. I was
pleased to make a score above last year's USA SB40m LP winner,
but we'll see how others did.

A few problems with people who call and call and never listen,
and a couple who said we "WORKED B4" - Huh?, I'd call again
and say "not in log, qso pse" but they'd ignore me, say DUPE,
or move off.  Shucks, why not just work me again! Overall, the
high level of activity was pleasing, and made this a fun RTTY
contest. Thanks!

NN7SS (op K6UFO)

40m: Force 12 Delta 240 at 78ft
40m: Cushcraft 40-2CD at 48 ft.