[3830] RTTY WPX 4O3A M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, 4o3a@t-com.me
Subject: [3830] RTTY WPX 4O3A M/2 HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2010 16:13:57 -0800
                    CQ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: 4O3A
Operator(s): 4O3A, 4O4A, 4O6Z, S51D, YU1YV, Z30A
Station: 4O3A

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: Obosnik hill
Operating Time (hrs): 47

   80:  711   3088
   40: 1487   7406
   20: 1015   2501
   15:  832   2282
   10:    0      0
------------------
Total: 4045  15277  Prefixes = 1009  Total Score = 15,414,493

Club: SKY Contest Club

Comments:

BAD CIRCUMSTANCES
Unfortunately, WPX RTTY contest is in the middle of winter season and most of
the time weather does not allow me to operate on all bands, due the often
antenna braking under the unusually strong wind on hilltop.

This winter was one of the worse ever. Simply - terrible. Station was really
badly damaged and all three 40M yagis were totally broken. Just one 3elements
yagi left, but with no reflector (removed by hurricane wind one month ago).

On 80M situation was also disappointed. Rotary 2 elements yagi (my truly
advantage to DX)  was totally crashed just few days after CQ WW CW, and 4SQ was
only one antenna available.

On high bands most of antennas were OK.

TO BE, OR NOT TO BE?
To be honest, I was thinking to cancel previous deal with friends to operate
some Multi category, but spite won! Deal was confirmed week before the contest
and all my friends arrived Friday, except Simo, YT3M, who had unexpected
obligations over the weekend and we missed him much.

GOALS
Multi single WW record was not too much interesting, as we set it last year.  I
knew that WW record records in Multi Two and MM can't be achieved without my
complete Low band antenna setup, but EU were still breakable. Decide to enter
Multi two, as existing setup was easy to be rearranged. Did not want to install
third station for MPLs and band checking and it reduce final score a bit?
(Wrong!)
Propagations were good. Still not any 10M opening, but 15M was pretty nice.
Good USA openings on all bands and really great activities. Old EU record was
broken earlier than planned - at Sunday 07:00 GMT That time was clear that WW
record margin of 17M can be touch.  But it needs Low bands antennas to be
complete. If next year we will be luckier with weather and if station will be
complete, we will make a shot.

MISSION COMPLETED
We possibly set few new EU records in M2 - good for future challenging:
â?¢     Score - 15M +
â?¢     EU MPL record and first time brake 1000+ margin
â?¢     EU QSO record and first time brake 4000 Qs margin

Will see what other M2 teams did?

CU in WPX

4O3A Premium Contest Resort
73