[3830] RTTY WPX W4PK SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, W4PK@ARRL.NET
Subject: [3830] RTTY WPX W4PK SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2010 17:52:52 -0800
                    CQ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: W4PK
Operator(s): W4PK
Station: W4PK

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 28:17

   80:  219   796
   40:  550  2262
   20:  541  1321
   15:  396  1121
   10:
-----------------
Total: 1706  5500  Prefixes = 670  Total Score = 3,685,000

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Did a personal best for me on this contest.

High point of the contest was on Sunday morning when conditions were really
good and I had managed to have four (4) calls stacked up in responce to my CQ
so that I could respond to each of them in sequence.  This was a first for me
as I am doing really good to be able to stack them at all.

But the low point immediately came when I clicked on that first call to give my
report I had a major failure with my SO2R control.  It started keying the
amplifier on my second radio the same time that my run radio amplifier was on,
and of course the second amplifier immediately went into default.  I apologize
to all who I had left hanging when this happened.

So I spent the next couple of hours during the prime Sunday morning conditions
trying to figure out what had happened.  I finally did find a work-around to
allow both amplifiers to be used, but the root cause remains to be
investigated.

But I did have a bonafide highpoint two minutes before the end of the contest
when TA1DX responded to my CQ on 80M and gave me serial number 001!

I had 21 people dupe me which is about average.  I do log them all since they
may have my call logged wrong the first time.  But I did note that a few of
them had my call wrong the second time but they didn't seem to respond to my
macro saying "this is my call".

I tried my best to copy serial numbers correctly, but I had to guess at some in
the print when the station did not respond to my request for a repeat.  I hope I
don't have too many errors in this regard.

This was a fun contest, and thanks to the contest sponsors for putting this
on.

73, Sam W4PK