[3830] RTTY WPX KL8DX SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kl8dx@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] RTTY WPX KL8DX SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 08:56:20 -0800
                    CQ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: KL8DX
Operator(s): KL8DX
Station: KL8DX

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Alaska
Operating Time (hrs): 28.62

   80:
   40:   55   256
   20:  695  1659
   15:  148   338
   10:
-----------------
Total:  898  2253  Prefixes = 457  Total Score = 1,029,621

Club: North Coast Contesters

Comments:

A personal best for me in this contest! Bands were very good
but yet, challenging. Path to Europe on 20 meters was much better
in our morning window than evening. Started to hear Europe between
1630z and 1700z. Seemed one way propagation in the beginning, some
large signals copied but nobody could hear me. Best runs for Europe
on 20 were after 1300z. Lots of AU flutter on signals which at times
made it a bit tough to pull out the weaker stations. The AMP sure
made things easier but after this weekend, my AL-1500 has begun to
let me know it probably needs a trip to the shop.

15 meters was a great surprise but on Sunday the QSB was a bit
tough. I saw signals start at a true 599 and drop to almost nothing.
I kept checking 10 meters with nothing heard, so maybe next year.

Logs uploaded to LOTW and e-QSL. In-depth details will be posted later
on my blog. Thanks for the QSO's and for the many who pulled my small
signal out of the very crowded bands.

73,
Phil KL8DX
Denali National Park, AK