[3830] RTTY WPX IZ1LBG(@IR1G) M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, iz1lbg@alice.it
Subject: [3830] RTTY WPX IZ1LBG(@IR1G) M/S HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 12:02:31 -0800
                    CQ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: IZ1LBG
Operator(s): IK1HXN IK1SPR IK1RQT IW1ARN IW1QN IZ1LBG
Station: IR1G

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Cortazzone (JN44a)
Operating Time (hrs): 48

   80:  512  2142
   40:  619  2974
   20:  693  1821
   15:  505  1349
   10:    0     0
-----------------
Total: 2328  8286  Prefixes = 851  Total Score = 7,051,386

Club:

Comments:

What a surprising contest!And really good propagation on all band except for
10m.

the contest:
Contest didn't start really well. I decide to start on 40m band but was a wrong
choice so after about 15 minutes we move on 80m. Good idea becouse they were
really good and we work easy also some good dx. For that reason we stayed on
this band during sunrise and we were call also from station in West Coast (this
didn't happen so often with a dipole antenna). Then we moved on 40m band and we
were able to make some running to NA also here. When we moved on 15m the band
was really god but there weren't many signal so we have some hours with low
rate. But it doesn't matter becouse when we where able to hear NA we have done
8 hours with running always over 50 QSO/h on 20 then on 15 and the again on
20m.Then we move on 40m with some good running to AS. Then we switching very
often between 80m and 40m until we found a very good frequency on 40m (7042)
and rate up again over 60 QSO/h. Then we give more space again to 80m, we spend
the second sunrise there and the we move again just after that on 40m to work
some NA stations really loud. Then we go on 20m band then again on 15m and
after a quick stop on 20m we move on 15 where NA station were coming early than
first day. For that reason we leave this band a earlier that first day but
condition on 20m band were fantastic. We have again a good running and we could
work many West Coast stations. The second evening money band was 40m and so we
stay there and we move on 80m just for the last 50 minutes of contest...

the band:
80m: pretty good both night but better the first for the EU signal and the
second for the NA one. This band save us the first night from a disaster 40m
band! We work 82 DX station with a simple dipole antenna!
40m: disappointed the first night but really good just over the sunrise then
good, really good Saturday evening to JA and then to NA. We have some problem
to hear EU weak signal exspecially during night and at the end we have 270 DX
stations there.
20m: conditions here were really good. Band was really crowded ean really open
to any directions. We worked something like 454 DX here and the most worked
continent were Northa America with 360 QSOs
15m: what could we say about this band?Just fantastic to Asia and North America
and also to South America. This band give to us many hours of good running. As
20m band many QSO with DX station (352) and the continent with more QSO is
NA...

In general condition were pretty good and band were really crowded. It was not
to strange hear people at 14135 or more calling contest on RTTY and on 40m
during the night there were signal from 7027 to 7090 and sometime up!

I really would like to thanks Federico IW1QN to stay here to operate all
weekend, Mario IK1HXN Flavio IK1SPR Flavio IK1RQT for ther support in the
opertion and to the equipment that they borrow and also to Luca IZ1RGU that
come to say hello to us during the contest!

See you in the next one!

Filippo IZ1LBG (& all team)