[3830] ARRLDX CW WN6K SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, WN6K@sbcglobal.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW WN6K SOAB LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 16:51:07 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: WN6K
Operator(s): WN6K
Station: WN6K

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Vista, CA
Operating Time (hrs): 28

  160:   27     2
   80:    7     5
   40:  196    46
   20:  281    60
   15:  282    63
   10:   33    12
-------------------
Total:  801   188  Total Score = 451,764

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

This was a fair conditioned weekend. Most of the time the bands seemed stable. I
was aiming to break the 200 Mult barrier but just did not find those illusive
last ones. Of the 188 Mults there were 80 countries worked.

Two solid days of good 15m openings to EU which was enjoyable.  Ten is still
not there with the exception of the Azores/Canary Isles it was pretty much a
smattering of inclose and southerly stuff.

There were a couple of highlights for me... Sunday morning LP on 40m helped
fill in some missing and much needed mults.  There were a lot of EU loud sigs
on the band but I had worked about half the calls heard from EU on Saturday
night at their sunrise. Friday night was not so good here and those I heard
could not hear my 100w.  Saturday morning LP did not seem to exist for me
except for one station in Russia.

Sunday afternoon is really a drag but I hung till the end which netted a couple
of new mults which helped push the score over the hoped for 450K mark.

MicroHam MKII scted up quite a few times and I had to disappear in the middle
of things as the only cure for its buffer mixing gibberish is to shut down
everything and reboot. Sorry for those that got left in the lurch wondering
what was going on there.

Thanks for all the Q's and patience.

WN6K, Paul