[3830] ARRLDX CW W4LT SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w4lt@ij.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW W4LT SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 16:55:58 -0800

Total:  500   1500  Total Score = 267

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

Total Time Off 37:20  (2240 mins)
Total Time On 10:40  (640 mins)

Rig : Elecraft K3 + Ameritron ALS600

Antennas : Cushcraft A3S @ 40ft, Carolina Windom 80LP @ 38 ft, S9 Antennas S9V
Diversity Receive Vertical

Not bad for 10 hours work around things at home over this weekend.  My first
attempt at a High Power Assisted contest entry with the cluster.  Cluster
posters, please check calls before posting!  Lots of errors!  Hope I corrected
most.  Im not scrubbing this log, what will be will be.  Not real serious in
this one, playing with the radio's DSP, new N1MM system interface to the K3,
etc.  Frankly, this K3 is the finest CW receiver I have ever used, bar none!  I
cant say enough about it!  I am amazed at the amount of Euro 100w stations I
pulled out of the bands!  Also multiple 20w and several 5w signals on 20 in
pileups!  Now if I only had a taller antenna and didnt spot you HP guys 3dB, I
would inflict some serious damage.  True to my goals in 2010, I am getting more
and more comfortable in CW contesting again.  Ran all the way up to 29wpm in
runs and survived.  Had a wonderful time running on 15m.  A thrill was being
called by Namibia on both 20 and 15 while running!  I am really enjoying CW
contesting again, practice makes perfect! Even managed to work Euros on 80
rather easily, which is amazing for me and my limited space 80m antenna.