[3830] ARRLDX CW W9WI SOAB QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW W9WI SOAB QRP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 19:56:01 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: W9WI
Operator(s): W9WI
Station: W9WI

Class: SOAB QRP
QTH: TN
Operating Time (hrs): some
Radios: SO2R

  160:    6     6
   80:   25    21
   40:  144    56
   20:  296    73
   15:  281    71
   10:   38    12
-------------------
Total:  790   239  Total Score = 566,430

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

I have two good excuses for an unusually poor score this year:

- An intermittent QRN problem (a few minutes a weekend for several years)
became MUCH worse on Saturday, S9 noise about 25% of the time.

- Weather far more conducive to bicycling than sitting indoors behind a radio.
(got up to 15C Saturday, and almost 20C Sunday, sunny both days.  I got 95km of
riding in...)

Can I save those excuses & use them next year?  Because I sure don't need them
in 2010!

Best score I've had in this thing since taking up QRP.  40, 20, 15, all were
superb.  10 was good to South America for hours, and while they weren't
workable with 5 watts, 5H3EE, CR2X, and one of the EA8's were in.  Worked ten
Europeans on 80 -- it wasn't that long ago I was astonished to work *one* with
QRP.  Probably would have had nearly 900 QSOs or more if not for the extra
outdoor time.

Lots of QRO stations with GREAT ears.  I don't understand how some of them
could copy my puny signal.