[3830] ARRLDX CW K7GK(@K7ZSD) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW K7GK(@K7ZSD) SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 21:01:28 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: K7GK
Operator(s): K7GK
Station: K7ZSD

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: OR
Operating Time (hrs): 42
Radios: SO2R

  160:   63    38
   80:  240    53
   40:  587    72
   20: 1059    98
   15:  475    65
   10:   34    17
-------------------
Total: 2458   343  Total Score = 2,507,673

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

First I'd like to give a shout-out to Brad and Ruth, the amazing hosts. Smoke
Ranch is fully equipped, this weekend's outing included a fried oyster
breakfast and, oh yeah, operating a great station. It was a lot of fun,
thanks!

I arrived dead-tired, having barely slept the night before, so I didn't push it
time-wise. I took naps both nights and a couple of food breaks during the days.
Great to see the return of 15 M, at least somewhat. Still, this far north 40M
was better for both mults and Qs. Speaking of 40, it was really strange and the
numbers show a decline year over year. First night I hardly worked any JAs on
40, not exactly sure why. Had better luck on 80. Low bands, with the exception
of 160, were not as good as last year, but high bands, being actually open,
more than made up for that. This year has also seen the return of 6-banders
(last year saw 0 ten meter QSOs). I'm happy to work my friends Bill and Bob,
5W0OU, on 6 bands and snatch a last gasp 20M QSO with TX4T for a band sweep.

Great to work many friends around the world.