[3830] ARRLDX CW GM7R(GM0NAI) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, gm0nai@btinternet.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW GM7R(GM0NAI) SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 03:10:47 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: GM7R
Operator(s): GM0NAI
Station: GM0NAI

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Nr Inverness
Operating Time (hrs): 32.22

  160:  168    44
   80:  367    48
   40:  699    52
   20: 1011    58
   15: 1109    58
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total: 3354   260  Total Score = 2,613,780

Club: GMDX Group

Comments:

What a great contest!
Propagation was good on all bands upto 10m. Not a squeak on 10 this far North.
My first contest with antennas available for all 6 bands and a first with the
K3. 15m really flying West coast to East great signals
Hope 10m will be the same next year :-)

Rates not very high just consistently 100+ for hours.
Need to speed up the CW TX to save sometime.
Although not sure if that might be counter productive?
Ran at 28WPM most of the time which was probably a bit slow.

Used the K3 on its own SO1R style with K3 2nd RX used for the diversity
function which is awesome!
Previously had used 2 seperate radios to get the same effect however the
integration of the 2 seperate radios was problematic.

Found it more difficult to move the mults to a different band and hold the run
freq without the 2nd radio. Hope to have the SO2R setup for the SSB leg.

My shack PC failed the week before the contest so just ran from the old /P
laptop which only had WinTest V3 on it. No time or registration info to upgrade
to V4.

No equipment issues during the contest just operator fatigue.

Thanks for all the QSOs see you in the SSB leg.

73

Jim
GM0NAI