[3830] ARRLDX CW CR2X M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, hiilesmaa@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW CR2X M/2 HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 05:56:04 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: CR2X
Operator(s): OH2BH, OH2MM, OH2PM
Station: CR2X

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: Sao Miguel, Azores
Operating Time (hrs): 45

  160:  452    58
   80: 1096    58
   40: 1517    59
   20: 1998    60
   15: 1940    60
   10:  126    32
-------------------
Total: 7129   327  Total Score = 6,993,549

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

Again, quite a lot of excitement here at our contest station.

The main cause for our excitement was the heavy rain and storm that bothered us
during both days. The 160 M vertical crashed on Sunday. Fortunately, we had good
enough runs during the first night on the Top Band. Other antennas survived well
here at our hilltop location.

The heavy rain caused considerable static noise. During about three hours, the
noise level was so strong that we were not able to make any QSOs...the good
point was that we thus got three more hours of rest.

RIG 1: Elecraft K3 + linear 1kW
RIG 2: Yaesu FT-1000MP + linear 1kW

ANT:
160: Vertical 25 m with elevated radials; 1st day only  :(  + short beverage
 80: 2 el yagi
 40: 2 el yagi
 20: 3 over 3 yagi stack
 15: 3 el yagi
 10: 4 over 4 yagi stack

Our score challenges the current EU-record of 6.67 M made in 2005.
Incidentally, it was also made here on Azores by a German team CU2M.

This operation enforced our previous experience that the US&Canadian operators
are among the best in the World. We congratulate them for their FB operating
habits and good discipline in the pileups. It was a pleasure to work you.

73, Martti OH2BH (CU2KG), Ville OH2MM, Pertti OH2PM