[3830] ARRLDX CW KB1H M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW KB1H M/2 HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 12:08:34 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: KB1H
Operator(s): AA1CE, K1EBY, KB1H, KB1NRB, NB1U, W1UJ
Station: KB1H

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: CT
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:   91    52
   80:  696    75
   40: 1266   102
   20: 2087   108
   15: 1688   105
   10:   54    26
-------------------
Total: 5882   468  Total Score = 8,249,904

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Finally the bands are beginning to make contesting fun again instead of torture!
The crew was a little light in numbers but everyone worked hard at keeping the
chairs occupied and the rates up. Out of the 5882 (actually 6172 with dupes)
the breakdown per operator was AA1CE 84, K1EBY 1373, KB1H 151, KB1NRB 721, NB1U
1656, and W1UJ 1897. Consider that KB1NRB did not know morse
code a year ago what a change! He did both overnights and some relief during
the day.
As usual KB1H does little operating spending allot of time making sure everyone
has food and coffee. If you want to operate don't host a multi-op or get a
caterer! You can see the development of the team here.
W1UJ and NB1U have really become top notch ops. We have our list of stations
that will not be getting a Christmas bonus this year. It is hard to believe
that some of these stations can not hear us and we have been on a frequency for
many hours. The newer rigs are so good I am sure they can tighten down
the receiver and work real close to us. I guess everyone has to buy a K3!

As usual there is a whole cast of others that help us get ready for each
contest and a few wives that make sure we don't starve.

A real thrill was having EA3QP make his first two CW Contest QSOs with us and
then sending a MP3 recording of our signal on 20M. We met Eugeni at Dayton and
have kept in touch ever since. The best reason to go to Dayton.

Thanks to everyone for the QSOs and patience. See you in two weeks in SSB. I
hope we can get operators as SSB is not our favorite nor best mode.

Dick - KB1H