[3830] ARRLDX CW KM1W(@W1KM) M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w1ue@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW KM1W(@W1KM) M/M HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 19:00:59 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: KM1W
Operator(s): W1KM,K1XM,K3NA,K1EO,W1UE,KT1D,K1VR
Station: W1KM

Class: M/M HP
QTH: MA
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:  406    67
   80: 1396    91
   40: 2103   120
   20: 2325   117
   15: 1806   108
   10:  122    47
-------------------
Total: 8159   550  Total Score = 13,388,100

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Wow!  What a weekend! Only thing that separated this weekend from some of the
previous decent sunspot numbers was a thousand Qs on 10M.

Activity was everywhere.  100+ hours were common.  With 15M open, it was
possible to hold a good frequency on 20M without having to fight for it every
10 minutes.  Nice to see a return to reasonable conditions.

I can only wonder what the 20M total would have been with a fully working
stack.  Our stack was 3 1/2 elements (missing 1/2 of a reflector) and 4
elements, both fixed on Europe.  Most surprising contact of the contest, for
me, was when LY8O called in on 10M.  I think the furthest northern Europe
station Q other than him was in northern Italy, but somehow he found us for a
Q.

Rigs were five K3s.  Its simply a wonder what that receiver can do.

Thanks to all for the Qs.  Now that the real contest is over, see everyone in
two weeks for the SSB test.

Dennis W1UE