[3830] ARRLDX CW ON4UN SOSB/160 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW ON4UN SOSB/160 HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 13:19:17 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: ON4UN
Operator(s): ON4UN
Station: ON4UN

Class: SOSB/160 HP
QTH: merelbeke
Operating Time (hrs): 16

  160:  498    54
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  498    54  Total Score = 82,170

Club: Rhein Ruhr DX Association

Comments:

I love this contest (on 160m). Ideal contest for an old man (nearing 70), who
needs his beauty sleep. My best score ever was in 2006 (71 k-pts), and I
wondered if I could do better. This year's score: 82k-points, so: goal reached.
There was a fairly good opening to the West on both nights (second day was
best), but signals from the East and Mid-West were not very strong. I worked
all but 2 states (WY and SD).
I never had a VO1 (nor VO2) calling, amazing! Same of course for VE4. Are there
any hams in that province?
On both days the band remaided in good shape until approx 05:30z and then
gradually collapsed towards surnise. There was not the slightest propagation
lift before or around sunrise.
Thank to all  who called me. I know there were a few stations that I heard but
could not decipher.
I attribute the relatively high number of QSOs (500) to the fairly good
reception I have with end-fire phased Beverages and of course my beloved K3.
Thanks for the QSO's to all who made it, and CU next year.
73  John, ON4UN