[3830] ARRLDX CW TF3KX/1 SOSB/160 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW TF3KX/1 SOSB/160 HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 19:10:22 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: TF3KX/1
Operator(s): TF3KX
Station: TF3KX/1

Class: SOSB/160 HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 6

  160:  49     21
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  49     21  Total Score = 3,087

Club:

Comments:

Rig: IC746
Amp: Acom 1000, running 500W output
Ant: Inv-L, vert 10m/30ft, hor 30m/90ft

I operated from a cabin during a family vacation in the rural southern part of
Iceland, where I decided to haul the ham radio stuff along.  Thought I'd have
the best shot at 160m-only participation, for the following reasons:

- Away from the urban noise
- Darkness is still prevalent at this time of the year
- Late night operating interferes the least with family activities.

Well, the score was sort of disappointing.  Only 49 Qs is not that great
compared with what I have with a similar setup at home, in the middle of town
with lots of noise sources all around.  And unlike most 160m efforts from home,
I did not manage to contact stations in the far western parts of the US and
Canada.  Perhaps the proximity to the ocean (300m/1000ft) gives my home QTH an
advantage which I did not have here in the countryside.

Anyway, I still had a good time and look forward to getting back on the air
when I return home.