[3830] CQ160 SSB K1TN Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jamesdavidcain@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 SSB K1TN Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2010 04:40:11 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: K1TN
Operator(s): K1TN
Station: K1TN

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: NJ
Operating Time (hrs): 3

Total:  QSOs = 78  State/Prov = 28  Countries = 1  Total Score = 5,133

Club:

Comments:

K3 and Slinky did better on 160 SSB than I expected. Worked W6YI, KI7M, and
C6ANM (good ears!). I'll try the ARRL DX SSB too, to show that I'm not
prejudiced against phone operators.

No RTTY, though. Forget that. I just don't understand the attraction of "making
contacts" by watching letters march across a screen. That reminds me of the
stupid "crawls" all over the TV screen during ball games.

I'd forgot what a terrible call sign K1TN is on slopbucket. Maybe I should get
WN9AUM back.

The local noise I've had here all these years (3) mysteriously disappeared this
weekend. I wonder if it was all the snow we've had. It was amazing what I could
hear on my TX antenna (the Slinky) compared to the snake-in-the-grass RX
antenna that I usually use on 160 and 80. I heard lots of West Coast and even a
few EU.

But I didn't hear VT. I think maybe VT needs one more active contester living
there. I'll bet it could be really quiet camping in the woods and running
everything on 12 volts DC.

Jim Cain
At The K1TN Superstation
Atlantic City