[3830] NAQP RTTY WX4TM Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wx4tm@tm-moore.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP RTTY WX4TM Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2010 05:46:27 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, RTTY - February

Call: WX4TM
Operator(s): WX4TM
Station: WX4TM

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: AL
Operating Time (hrs): 10
Radios: SO2R

   80:  210    48
   40:  155    43
   20:  302    49
   15:   68    18
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  735   158  Total Score = 116,130

Club:

Team: ACG 1

Comments:

This is about the hardest I've ever worked in a contest. I am amazed at how much
SO2R can make a difference in one's score particularly in this contest. The
multi's obtained on the 2nd radio were very significant.  It's the rythm that
really makes the difference. Of course it's also antennas, filters and
'conditions'.  I found that I was switching between vertical and inverted V
alot to get good reception particular on 40 and 80M and between high beam and
low beam (86 ft and 50 ft) on 20 and 15M especially when working between east
coast and west coast. I struggled with strategy. 20M runs were slow while all
15M Q's and about 50 Q's on 40M were achieved S&P on the 2nd radio. 40M runs
were also slow with about 50 Q's on 80M S&P. The best run, which really
surprised me, was the last 2 hrs on 80M. There was no 'holding a frequeny' in
the prime areas of the bands, so I was either very high or very low most of the
time. 15M appeared open till just after dark  - heard KL7RA repeatedly most of
the afternoon there. I was disappointed I didn't get more Q's on 15M. I was
surprised at some of the DX that called me: JA's on 20 and 40; 5E50SA Mohamed
on 40M and on 20M off back of my beam! (or was it long path?); BA2IA Qing on 20
right at my sunset and JT1BZ on 20M an hr after sunset!. Many thanks to these
and to all for your patience while working me and helpting me to obtain my best
ever NAQP score.  Tom WX4TM