[3830] NAQP RTTY KI5XP(@W5WMU) Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, cmorrison@lusfiber.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP RTTY KI5XP(@W5WMU) Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2010 10:17:16 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, RTTY - February

Call: KI5XP
Operator(s): KI5XP
Station: W5WMU

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Lafayette, La
Operating Time (hrs): 10
Radios: SO2R

   80:  176    44
   40:  272    52
   20:  284    52
   15:   92    26
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  824   174  Total Score = 143,376

Club: Louisiana Contest Club

Team: LCC #1

Comments:

I experienced the same things as my team members.  Very slow start, just seemed
as though I couldnt get anything started on 15/20.  I usually work this contest
all the way through the first 10 hours and take the last 2 off.  Things had
gotten so slow around 22:00z, that I ended up taking an hour off.  Looks like
plenty of people did the same exact thing.  It ended up being a good decision,
as I picked up plenty of mults on 80 in that last hour that Im sure I wouldnt
have, had I not taken the break.

10 never opened, in fact I have to check to see if there's an antenna on 10, or
was it really that quiet.  15 was sporadic.  Deep qsb made it hard to copy the
guys who insist on sending my call 3 or 4 times then their information.  It
would always drop on their info.  Couldnt really sustain a run on 15 or 20 for
long without calling to dead air.  Lots of search and pouncing this time
around.

Thanks for the qso's, and look forward to another one.  Thanks to all the
southern guys who joined up with LCC to fill out almost 2 entire teams.  We'll
get both of them filled for the next one.

Charlie
KI5XP