[3830] CQ160 SSB ZF2AM(K6AM) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 SSB ZF2AM(K6AM) Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2010 13:31:34 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: ZF2AM
Operator(s): K6AM
Station: ZF2AM

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Cayman Is.
Operating Time (hrs): 28
Radios: SO2R

Total:  QSOs = 850  State/Prov = 57  Countries = 44  Total Score = 455,510

Club: Cayman Amateur Radio Society

Comments:

Conditions were only fair the first night, but we managed to pull ahead of last
year with the addition of better antennas.  Had a moderate run of EU's with
decent signals.  Two or three of them were unbelievably LOUD!  And I mean that
literally - unbelievable.

Night two was a bust.  Only a few EU's heard at all and most everyone was weak.
 Things got reeeeeeal slow after midnight.  Could only scrape up another 250 Q's
all night.  Ended op 50 Q's behind last year.

Hats off to the winners, no doubt from VE with 6 more hours of darkness and
AF/SA, where the points are double and the pileups deep.

Thanks for all the Q's.  QSL's go to K6AM direct, W6 buro, or LOTW

73,

John