[3830] CQ160 SSB NF8J(@N8CC) Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, nf8j@wolphi.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 SSB NF8J(@N8CC) Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2010 14:24:37 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: NF8J
Operator(s): NF8J, N8CC, W8DA, WA8UPB,WA8IIK, K8JHR
Station: N8CC

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: NASHVILLE, MI
Operating Time (hrs): 25

Total:  QSOs = 1201  State/Prov = 56  Countries = 31  Total Score = 253,170

Club:

Comments:

Had a great time, 3 experienced ops, 3 brand new to contesting. What a baptism
the newbies got...Equipment, TT Omni VII, 1/4 wave vertical, Henry amp, 3
Switchable 1300' beverages, N1MM, voice keyer within N1MM. Worked all states
but Nevada, missed the usual VE, YT, PEI, LB. Had UU7J, and many Europeans call
us. Several from Africa, and SA, but no Asia at all. Score in 2007 was 170,000
and only 16 dx, so doubled the DX this time and increased score by 80,000.
Everything was greyed out on band map, except DX we could not hear in the
midwest, so hung it up with 9 hours left in the contest. Thanks to everyone who
called us, and for the patience shown our ops who were new to contesting, you
guys were GREAT !!

Paul VanOveren , NF8J