[3830] NCQP KJ4HYG SO Mixed QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kj4hyg@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] NCQP KJ4HYG SO Mixed QRP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2010 07:14:41 -0800
                    North Carolina QSO Party

Call: KJ4HYG
Operator(s): KJ4HYG
Station: KJ4HYG

Class: SO Mixed QRP
QTH: Marietta, GA
Operating Time (hrs): 3

   80:   21
   40:   11
   20:
   15:
   10:
--------------------
Total:   32     0  Mults = 24  Total Score = 2,304

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

I did not make any sort of effort in this QSO party. Because the QSO parties
obviously don't give an out of state new states or countries, I view them as a
tool. I felt that there was no way to win the contest, so there was no point in
trying. Instead, I used this opportunity to see what my antenna could do at QRP
levels. Being back on the 102 ft. doublet was very nice. It was especially
interesting to break several pileups at QRP.

One interesting thing that I encountered several times was John, K4BAI, making
several QSO's right before me. I would put out my call, and John's would come
back. That occurred at least 8 times.

One thing I did learn in this contest was to take advantage of the rovers. I
worked AA4XX/M about 7 different times, for 7 different multipliers. I also
worked NY4N/M several times for some new mults.

I enjoyed this one, and I'm going to work on the efficiency of my antenna a
bit, and we'll see how it does in the next contest.

chris / kj4hyg